TITLE: The People of New York #4 AUTHOR: julie DATE: 3/16/2005 10:11:00 AM ----- BODY:
Entirely too confidently, I strolled out of my apartment this morning, 15 minutes earlier than usual, almost smugly thinking how early I would arrive at work and jump into this bright and shiny Wednesday. "BWAH HA HA AHA HAHAA" thundered the laughter of the Gods. The 4, 5, and 6 trains weren't running. No power. Sin electricidad. So, I followed a few (million) people to the busstops along 5th Avenue. 14 crowded buses ignoring our stop later, and much to the dismay of my fellow travelers sardined in the front of the bus, I jump on the 4 square inches of the bottom step of the M3, reciting silent prayers that the door would close without the one monterous hinge impaling my ribcage. And, Oh! Nothing makes New Yorkers flash their true colors more than mass transit chaos. My favorite quote of this morning from a little old man wearing an ensemble of 3 different plaids, a driving cap, and carrying an umbrella on a sunny day: "Sir, could you please remove your briefcase from my rectum? I know we're packed tightly in here, but no one at your office is gunna appreciate you throwing that on the conference table once it's seen my colon." See? Ahhhh, New Yorkers. Always looking out for their fellow man...and their fellow man's colleagues. *The People of New York 1, 2, and 3
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Anonymous Julia DATE: 3/16/2005 12:02:00 PM Hey there JES! It's a fellow PMAer. Dessie gave me the link here. Ha ha ha on the old guy comment! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Blogger SirTalksALot DATE: 3/16/2005 01:54:00 PM LOL...That old guy should do stand up. I love this series by the way! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Blogger allison DATE: 3/16/2005 03:46:00 PM Lest the lowly New Yorker dare to dream that she can wrangle this big bad city, she is constantly reminded of her massive insignificance and shoved back into her teeny little personal space.

Thank you, New York, for not letting us think toooo big. ----- --------